Saturday, September 01, 2007

Getting Started

I did some quick web research, and decided that, for now, Blogger would be a good choice for this project. I began to set up the blog, and found that the username 'malspaugh' was already taken. That seemed kind of unusual, so I typed in malspaugh.blogger.com, and up popped some very old pictures from my Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program near Florissant, Colorado. While my clinical training was in a hospital, the supervisory sessions often involved working with horses, as the pictures show. I had completely forgotten about these experiments at posting, and it was both a pleasant surprise, like finding an old picture in a book. It is also a somber reminder that anything put on the web has an unusual permanence, like finding an old picture of you and some long-gone ex-partner in a book - one you just checked out of the library!

No comments: