Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Veil Becomes Thin

We are restarting our Elders program, which meets monthly in the daytime. From what I've learned from notes and discussions, the group has had a variety of formats over the years, from lectures and presentations to group discussions about specific topics. I understand the format this group enjoyed most was discussion about a topic close to their lives. One of the most successful topics last year was simply titled Mothers.

I've chosen a title for the October meeting, "The Veil Becomes Thin", and we will be invited to explore, in a time near All Souls Day, Halloween, and Dia De Los Muertos, our connections with ancestors and friends who have passed on. I hope, through facilitated discussion, we might go to interesting places with such a discussion. How are these people still present in you lives? What spiritual connections remain? How do they guide or affect your lives? I don't know this group, so I'm looking forward to this with an open curiosity and interest.

I read one piece of advice in an article on blogging: keep it short. They recommend under two paragraphs. So that's what I did today, then broke that rule by adding this paragraph! Which is what we're sometimes meant to do with rules.

No comments: